Monday, June 7, 2010

On Doing Site Measurements

There is always one point in an Architect's life where he has to ask why he has to do field measurements, knowing that the project won't be profitable or won't push through in the first place. Or sometimes that Architect will ask himself why he is still doing measurements given his current position in the office or phase in life.

I had to ask that question, since working freelance, I have to represent myself well, so as to make clients believe that I have the resources in order to deliver to them what they want. It's nice that you dress well, drive your own car, talk well and package yourself well. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty measurements, you still do it yourself.

I need an apprentice.

I remember back then overhearing an officemate talk to a client "Ok we will send the documents via messenger." The problem is, that same officemate is the messenger. Talk about representation.

Now I know why there are bosses, lackeys and apprentices. Now I gues its time for me to become the boss of my own office.

No comments:

Post a Comment